Music Mondays - Vol. 1

Photo by Fixelgraphy on Unsplash

Music is such a huge part of my life and I've always wanted to find a way to share what I've been listening to and loving. Doing videos seemed hard because of copyright issues so I thought I'd start this little series on the blog where I can write about some of the music I've been loving at the moment. I'm going to try to incorporate these posts at least once a month, so hopefully you get some good music recommendations from this!

"4" (playlist)
All summer I have been listening to the same five songs, so I thought it was time to change it up and with a new school year approaching, I needed some new and fun tunes to help me get on with my studying. This playlist is a blend of R&B, rap, ballads, and chill vibes. Having a nice blend of different genres always helps to prolong the times I listen to these playlists cause there's such a blend of sounds to listen to each time. 

CTV3: Cool Tape Vol. 3 by Jaden Smith
Really liked this album. Definitely a different sound for him with some pop-ish elements in there. But I think it suits him really well and loved the vibe of the album. The emotional ballads fused with rap is really great and provides a change from traditional genres (ballads and rap as individuals). Like Anthony Fantano said in his review of the album, he was able to seamlessly blend the two together and it really benefited the overall listening experience. 
Some of my favourite songs: Cabin Fever, Endless Summer & Deep End

Lianna La Havas by Lianna La Havas
Now this woman can SANG. She's got the most calming and gentle voice but can hit those notes. This album is a fantastic blend of contemporary soul with a bit of indie folk elements mixed in there. There's not much more I can say about it but that you have to listen to it!
Some of my favourite songs: Seven Times & Green Papaya

Ungodly Hour by Chloe x Halle
This is definitely one of my favourite albums this year. Their sophomore album is filled with contemporary R&B and has such a beautiful flow and accentuates each of their voices so well. It's got some great harmonies and acapella moments that really tie the album together. Overall an amazing album with some stellar sounds.
Some of my favourite songs: Ungodly Hour, Don't Make It Harder On Me & Do It

Comments

Popular Posts