Writing About... The Future: Second Year


Another school year has come and gone and every year I'm shocked at how fast time flies. This year I finished my second year of University and it's crazy to me that I'm already halfway done my program. Last year I did a similar post and I thought it would be nice to reflect on the end of another school year. 

Being in second year comes with a sense of routine and familiarity. I know my way around the school and know what works best for me to achieve my goals and get my work done. It's been really nice to get into a good routine and has allowed me to have a good year. This past school year, I went to amazing events, made so many memories and learned so much. It's been really cool to be able to get to know Toronto more while studying. My program's course union put on a great event which was so fun to go to and be able to network. I volunteered at the Canadian Screen Week which was one of the coolest experiences and has really put into perspective my plans for the future. My friends and I also made so many memories that I will remember forever.

This year pushed me to the max academically. It challenged me to do better and get the grades that I wanted. It reinforced the notion that hard work really does pay off and that you can do anything that you set your mind to. This year also taught me to cherish moments. Despite the stress of school, it's been so important for me to remember that I won't be here forever and to enjoy every moment that I have studying downtown. To be immersed in a city that is so vibrant and full of culture is something I'll never take for granted.

As always I'm excited for what the next year will hold for me. I'm also thankful for the year that I had and all of the things that its taught me. I'm definitely ready for new experiences and lessons that will come my way in third year.

Comments

Popular Posts