Winter Essentials

As I'm writing this, there's currently an ice storm stirring up outside. Ah winter! And what a fitting topic for today's post where I'll be talking about some winter essentials. If you're anything like me, you don't hate winter but you also don't love it. I hate the cold and the snow only if I'm in it. Other wise it's quite nice. To hold you all over during these freezing months in Canada, here's some of my winter must-haves.


Starting off with some fashion favourites, a chunky knit sweater will be your best friend during the cold months. This one I'm wearing from H&M literally feels like being wrapped in a blanket. These types of sweaters are a staple in my winter wardrobe!


A big blanket scarf is my next favourite winter item. Just like the knit sweaters, it feels like wearing a blanket and keeps me all warm and cozy on those chilly days. These are good layering pieces over your top and with your winter jacket.


Wearing hats were never my thing until I bought this one from Aritiza, it's so cute with the little pompom on the top and is thick but not too think where it makes my head sweat and digs my glasses into the side of my head (four-eyes problems haha). But honestly, having that extra layer to protect your head can make all the difference when it's a cold and windy day.


A good pair of boots will be your lifesaver. I am the clumsiest person in the world and I hated wearing winter boots until I got Blundstones. They are durable, warm, and pretty stylish. They've walked through mountains of snow and lots of ice and have still stayed intact. 


Moving on to skincare and a bit of makeup. Winter calls for dry skin and as someone who has really oily skin, the cold climate never fails to impress me at how dry it can make my skin can feel. For that, I love having a good moisturizing lotion and lip balm. Those two make sure that my face is refreshed and hydrated. I've been loving the Cetaphil Derma Control Oil Control lotion and the Glossier Balm Dotcom in Mint. A makeup favourite for me is bronzer. I'm already a pretty pale person to begin with, so popping on a little bit of bronzer keeps me looking awake and alive. My favourite bronzer at the moment is Physicians Formula's Butter Bronzer.
Shop skincare/makeup here: Balm DotCom - https://www.glossier.com/products/balm-dotcom

Stay warm everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts