My Favourite Podcasts

Podcasts are all the rave these days and rightfully so. The great thing about podcasts is how universal it is. You can probably find any topic you're interested in and you'll find a podcast that talks about it. It's also nice to have something to listen to when you get tired of listening to the same music playlist over and over again. Here are my top 4 favourite podcasts at the moment!


The Daily by NY Times
I mentioned this in my 2018 favourites and it is still one of the best and most informative podcasts that I listen to. I try to keep up with current events as much as I can and listening to these short 20ish minute podcasts are perfect for when I'm getting ready or on my commute to school. The Daily brings you the day's most important stories and helps you stay up-to-date with what's going on in the world.


TED Talks Daily by TED
I have always loved watching Ted talks and the ones on this podcast are quite short so I can listen to a bunch at a time. These talks vary from confidence to politics to education. They are inspiring and can give you a little bit of perspective into different topics you may not usually think about.


Second Life
This podcast talks to women of different industries and goes into detail about a new venture they may be going into. It's amazing to hear their stories and how they are furthering themselves into a new career or project. As a woman, it's so cool to hear about other women killing it in their jobs and inspires me to want to be like them in the future.


How I Built This by NPR
Similarly to Second Life, it talks to different entrepreneurs about how they built their business. It's really cool to hear the origin stories of some of my favourite brands like Glossier, Instagram, Steve Madden, etc. It really shows you how hard these people have worked to get their brand to where it is today and you get to hear about all of the highs and lows of starting your own business.
Favourite Episodes: Instagram, Kate Spade, Glossier


Comments

Popular Posts