West Coast Adventures | Travel


This past May, my family travelled out West to Vancouver and made our to Seattle and Portland. It was such a beautiful trip and I'm still in awe of how gorgeous the West Coast is. In this post, I wanted to reflect on the trip and tell you guys all about my favourite things that I did while on vacation. 

We started off our trip in Vancouver, BC. This is a place I've always wanted to visit so I was super excited when we landed. To me, Vancouver felt a lot like Toronto and I think that's why I loved it so much.  From exploring different neighbourhoods and biking around Stanley Park, our time there was filled with so many things to do. We visited Squamish where they had a beautiful view of the mountains and that by far was the best part. I can't believe just how beautiful Canada is.


Our next stop was Seattle, WA. Seattle is a one of a kind city, it's so unique. Being the massive Grey's Anatomy fan that I am, I was so excited to see the city. We only had a couple days there so we spent our time doing all of the very touristy things. My favourite place that we visited was the Chihuly Garden and Glass. From start to finish I was so amazed at how incredible every piece was. Definitely one of the best things I've ever seen.



From there, we travelled to Hood River, Oregon. This is about an hour just outside of Portland and is the perfect place to relax. We spent a lot of our time walking trails and seeing the sights of the Colombia River Gorge. It was stunning and just a great place to wind down, enjoy good food and good scenery. 


Our last stop was Portland, Oregon. Similarly to Seattle, this city is one of a kind. It's atmosphere isn't like any city I've been to and I really enjoyed my time there. My favourite spot during that part of the trip was Powell's City of Books. If you know me, you know that I'm the biggest bookworm so the fact that that bookshop was the whole block, blew my mind. For sure a must-see for any book lover.


And that basically sums up all that we got up to during our trip to the West Coast. It was an amazing time and I would love to go back and travel further into that area of Canada.

xoxo
Meagan

Comments

Popular Posts