A Year in Review: 2017

What a year its been. As 2017 comes to a close, it has been one of the best and hardest years of my life. I've accomplished so much, made incredible memories and started a new journey in my life. Along the way, I dealt with the most heartbreak I've ever felt in my life. And while it's been hard, I'm getting through it.

I'm grateful to see another day as the world has suffered so many losses this year. But at the end of every storm the sunshine is just waiting to peek through. Just like this year, despite all of the negative events that took place, there were also some wonderful moments that couldn't be forgotten.

This year for me has been a year of learning and a year of acceptance. I'm excited as always to see what 2018 has in store for me. But for now, here's what I got up to in 2017.

Cheers to 2018!


January

Started off the new year by celebrating Olly's 2nd Birthday!


March

Competed in my last Rotary Competition. Competing in these festivals since I was in grade six has been one of the best things I've done and has helped my grow as a singer.


May

 
My last spring concert at my high school. It was truly one of the greatest concert we've done. I'm beyond thankful to have done this with such talented people and they made high school so amazing. Being able to do what you love with people who share that same passion is the most incredible feeling ever. Always & Forever.


My big, beautiful family celebrating my late grandmother's 89th birthday. For the first time, all of her children were here, meaning all of them and all of her great/grandchildren were able to celebrate her special day.

June
 
Almost the end of grade 12. Here are just a couple pictures of my incredible friends at our grad breakfast and arts fest. I'm so lucky to have them in my life and I don't know what I would do without them.

 
Celebrating milestone birthdays for mom & dad (they are ten days apart). I won't tell you how old they are because they might read this and kill me hahaha. I couldn't ask for better parents. No matter what, they've always got me. I love you both so much.

 

Graduation day! I can't believe how fast the four years of high school have flown by. I grew up a lot and learned so much throughout those years and I'm grateful for every single person, lesson and memory that I gained from it.

 
Prommmmmmm!!! A night full of lots of laughs, dancing, and pictures.

July
Seeing the legend himself, Ed Sheeran once again to kick off my summer!

August
 
Summer adventures: Visiting the aquarium and beach walks with my pup.

September
 
This month brought the start to the next chapter of my life, university. It's so crazy to me that as I'm writing this, I'm already half way through my first semester. I've really been loving school and although it's been a lot of hard work, I know that it'll be worth it in the end.

October
My third time at WE Day but my first time volunteering for the PR Team. It was an incredible experience and really gave me an insight as to what I could hopefully be doing in the future.

Getting to see my fave, Harry Styles do his thing at Massey Hall. I don't think I could ever describe how much I love him and his incredible voice.

My 18th Birthday, better know as a Debut in Filipino culture. My princess night. One of the best nights of my life, getting to spend it with my family and friends!

November
Seeing Niall Horan in concert. Always a proud moment when you see the members of your fave boyband doing so well in their own solo careers!!

This month, I lost my grandfather. My mom's father. He was a fighter until the very end. I only wish we had more time but I know he's finally resting, probably somewhere in Italy because he's always wanted to go there. Thank you for everything you did for us. I love you and miss you everyday Lolo.


December

Christmas Market with my parents! So much Christmas spirit in the air.

This month, I lost my grandmother. My dad's mom. It's been the hardest two months to say the least. She was the strongest woman I knew. She put her family before anything else. She made my whole family who we are today. It's going to be hard to go on without her but I know she's finally at peace. You're always in my heart Inay. I miss you more everyday. I love you always, our queen.

So that's it. That's how my year unfolded. Can't wait 2018!
Wishing you all a Happy Holiday and a Happy New Year!

xoxo
Meagan

Comments

Popular Posts