Skincare Routine | Beauty


Hello! Happy New Year! I can't believe it's January and am so excited for what this year holds.

Today's post is going to be all about my skincare. I thought about making a video but decided it would be best to write about it.

My skin has always been a bit troublesome but of late, it has been clearing up. I thought I could show what I use and how it's helped me. My skin changes a lot in terms of what works for it. I have combination/oily skin so sometimes different products don't do as much when I've used it for a long time so I have to change products so that it will help my skin again.

But before that, I'm going to tell you a bit about my skin throughout the years. I've never dealt with heavy acne which I feel very lucky to say, but I did and still do deal with redness and oiliness. That was the biggest obstacle for me. I hated how oily my skin got. Once I started wearing makeup, it was easier to cover up my redness but my oiliness never went away. I've learned to deal with it by using blotting sheets or just leaving it alone. I also have acne scars, which is mostly my fault because I used to pick at my pimples and now I've just got dark spots wherever the pimple used to be, but I just stick some concealer on there and it's gone. I think that it's so important to feel comfortable in your own skin, literally. And having good skin has always made me feel better so I try to do everything that I can to keep it clean and healthy.

I don't use a face mask everyday but it's one of my favourite ways to treat my skin. This one by Avène is great (Avene Cleanance Mask). It is a part of the cleanance line that I used to use. It's very hydrating and leaves your skin feeling so fresh and clean.


To take of my makeup, I use the La Roche Posay Toleriane Dermo-Cleanser and Bioderma Sensibio Micelle Water. I use the La Roche Posay product first and use the Bioderma one after to remove all excess makeup. Both products really gets into your skin and gets rid of anything on your face. 


To cleanse my face, I use the Bioderma Sébuim Purifying Cleaning Gel. I have been using this for almost a year and it's probably on of my favourite cleansers I've used. I've noticed a big difference in my skin after using it.


When I use my cleanser, I put it on my Clarisonic Mia 2. I got this in the summer and it has worked wonders on my face. It is the main reason why my skin has cleared up. When you use it, you feel the brush really cleaning your skin, after you've used it, your skin feels soft and clean.



After I've washed my face, I use the Bioderma Sébuim Purifying Cleansing Micelle Solution. I use this to remove any excess dirt or stuff left on my face. I thought about changing it a couple months ago but people told me it was one of the best toners so I stuck with it and love it.



To moisturize my skin, I use the Bioderma Hydrabio Light Crème. I've used many different moisturizers and this one is one of my favourites. It feels so hydrating on my skin and doesn't dry it out. It doesn't stick to your skin but just kind of blends in. 


When I've got a pimple, I use the Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment. I think it's one of the best ones I've used. When you put it on, you can feel a slight stinging sensation and you know that it's working. 

xoxo
Meagan



Comments

Popular Posts